FlatRate Moving moved me over a year ago. I have still not recovered from the damage they inflicted on me.

FlatRate smashed or damaged all of my antique furniture, concealed the damage from me, leaving me to discover it the morning after the move, smashed or damaged many of my other possessions (china, glassware, art works, books, floor lamps, etc.) and failed to move all of my things.

When I returned to my former apartment two days after the move to clean it, I discovered that FlatRate hadn't packed and moved all of the food from my cupboards, all of the china and glassware in my dishwasher, all of the supplies under my kitchen sink and numerous other items. (I had paid to have FlatRate pack and move me.) So I had to pack these things myself and find a way to move as many of them as I could. I had to leave a lot behind. I became severely ill as a result of all of this with a bad cold that turned into a month of bronchitis.

FlatRate never fixed or made good on what they broke though I spent hours on the phone with various people from FlatRate -- who never called me back.

I have been ill and so depressed that I couldn't work because of what FlatRate did to me. Avoid this company.

Review about: Flatrate Moving Moving Service.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I didn't like: Smashed my possessions, Didnt move everything, Lied to me, Poor customer service, Run around.

Comments